4/7/11

Extreme couponing

I am watching Extreme Couponing as I type this and I just can't believe how much money these people save! I have no clue how they are able to do it. I am lucky to find coupons. I tried to find online websites and didn't really find anything. If you know of any websites to find them, I would love to know! I love to get a good deal. We only buy clothes, shoes, etc. when they are on sale or better yet clearance! It would be great if I could save a ton of money at the grocery store, that is where most of our money goes!

Alyssa is my 15 yr old and she got hired at McDonalds last night! I can't believe that she is old enough to work. She is excited to be starting a job because she wants to save her money for a car. I hope that she enjoys it. We have always told her that at 15 she needed to find a part time job. I think that it will build character and I can't really gripe about her spending money. When she goes shopping for anything she hits the sales rack and clearance rack. She doesn't even look at things that are regular price. I love that about her!

I am going to really look into the extreme couponing because I would love to get 600.00 worth of groceries for just a few dollars! Well, I must clean this house and get ready to open the windows. Enjoy your day everyone and count the blessings you have, not the problems!

3 comments:

The Old Gray Mare said...

I watched that & thought those people were nuts! Who needs to buy 35 bottles of Maalox?

I thought the 2nd woman was a little more realistic. She did have a meal plan.

But still, wouldn't some of that stuff in their stockpile expire?

I like to save money when I can, but too extreme for me. :o)

Congrats to Alyssa on her new job!

Bluegrassmama said...

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't be willing to stockpile like them! Did you see all of the toothpaste they had? They will have dentures before they use all of that lol I'm wanting to do it on a scaled down version. Thank you so much for the congrats to Alyssa!!!

Mother Mayhem said...

They got me with the 150 years worth of toilet paper. BWAHAHA.

I can't believe our girls are 15, let alone that Alyssa is working for a car! GULP.