3/11/11

My baby girl

Well, I had to take my 15 yr old to the Dr. only to have my suspicions confirmed. She has an ulcer. This child is a worrier. She always has been and probably always will be. She just has to learn a way to cope with it and not stress herself out so much. Now, you may think what does a 15 yr old have to worry or stress over? My answer to that is walk a day in her shoes. She wants the best grades. She wants the teachers to love her. She wants to have a ton of friends. She wants to always be picked for whatever she is trying out for. Boys. Gossiping girls. Now these things are just the normal things that cause teen angst. Throw into that mix her uncle John getting ill and passing away 24 hours later a month and a half ago, his son, her cousin passing away from complications due to leukemia, her dad having a massive heart attack, and someone in our family over dosing and almost dying. All of this has occurred in the last 2 years. It's no wonder that child worries so much.

As a parent, I have tried to comfort her. I have gotten harsh with her. I have listened to her. I have done everything I know to do, so why on earth do I feel like such a complete failure as a parent?

1 comment:

Mother Mayhem said...

The living and learning process is something that they have to do all on their own, Mama.

We always want to "fix' things, nut it's just not possible.

Life happens.

We prepare them the best way we know how. We give them to God. That's all we can do.

You are not a failure. HUG.