3/8/11

Old days are making a comeback at my house!

The Kids are off to school which means I am alone. I love my family but I also like to have some quiet time. I wonder if that makes me a bad mom? So far, I have the laundry in, the floors swept, picked up some. I'm thinking that if I am ever rich, I don't want a maid. It's not bad if you keep the housework done daily. It's when you let it go that it is so hard to catch back up. I hate if it has been let go a couple of days, it's hard for me to get started on it then.

I have had an earache for 2 days now and I'm thinking that I may have to go to the Dr. for it. I think that I will take some Tylenol first.

The quilting project is coming along slowly but surely. I can't wait until it is finished. I love the colors in it. I have decided that I will post a picture of it no matter how many faults it has. That is why it is called handmade. Not many people sew today. I think that it is a lost art. Years ago, people had to sew their own clothes, curtains, etc. They didn't make a quilt just because they wanted the challenge, or for the fun of it. They did it to keep their families warm. When the economy made a turn and people were able to buy things instead of relying on making them is when the art of sewing got lost. I don't believe that is a good thing either. Think of the conversations that happened when a group of women were at a house piecing together a quilt. How many problems were solved over a quilt. I truly believe that we would be better off if we still had things like quilting going on today. You forget your worries and are able to get your mind off of the days events. My suggestion is to pick up a needle and thread and try your hand at making a lap quilt. Who knows, you may just find that you enjoy it as much as I do!

1 comment:

Mother Mayhem said...

The only quilt I've ever made was the Cabbage Patch babydoll quilt I made for Sweetums. ;o)